Ever wonder why your favorite movie stars look so beautiful? You might also wonder why the coffee shop you frequent is always clean and well-decorated for each season. They have a team that is meticulously focused on every detail.
Think about the many professionals who are there to help you find your dream home. You have more than your Real Estate Agent. There are many people who can help you find the right home for you, including a Real Estate lawyer.
Role of a real estate lawyer as a buyer
- Check out the Agreement of Purchase as well as all other legal documents
- Verify that there aren’t any claims against the property
- Arrange for Title Insurance
- Check that you have a valid title at closing
- Make sure your property taxes are current
- Calculate the land tax due at closing
- Prepare the mortgage documents
- Close the transaction and make sure all financial and legal conditions are met
- With the seller’s lawyer, exchange legal documents and keys
Role of a real-estate lawyer as a seller
- Before you sign, make sure to read the Agreement of Sale.
- Assist with negotiation of terms and conditions
- Prepare the deed for your house
- As soon as title problems arise, deal with them and resolve them
- Close the transaction
- Make sure all legal and financial requirements are met
- With the buyer’s lawyer, exchange legal documents and keys
You now have a better idea of what a Real Estate Lawyer does. It’s time for you to find the one who will represent you during the entire transaction. Your RE/MAX Agent will be able to help you choose a Real Estate lawyer. They often work with trusted professionals. For more information, you can visit our Finding a Real Estate Lawyer post.